The term ‘Regularly’ here is a general term used to describe a scheduled or planned frequency that occurs repeatedly within a set time-frame. The true definition of ‘Regularly’ here is directly related to several variables including:
- the amount of traffic and regular traffic patterns in your facility, and
- the method of carpet cleaning taking place (spot cleaning, deep cleaning, maintenance)
For example, we wouldn’t recommend deep cleaning your home carpet at the same frequency that we deep clean carpets in a busy building. The traffic in your home vs. a building that sees thousands of people daily is very different. While your home carpet probably needs a deep cleaning annually (or semi-annually if you have kids and/or pets), a busy airport might need deep cleaning of some carpets up to 4 times/year! Either way, the same general principles apply; if a carpet is getting any sort of use, ‘regular’ spot cleaning, ‘regular’ maintenance and ‘regular’ deep cleaning needs to happen.
Here are the Top 3 Reasons to Get Carpets Cleaned Regularly
- It extends the life of the carpet. Regular cleaning (spot cleaning, daily maintenance, and deep cleaning) can increase the lifespan of the carpet significantly and protects that investment.
- Removes trapped pollutants and improves indoor air quality: pollutants, soil, debris and stains can get ground in and stuck in the pile of the carpet. Regular deep cleaning removes those pollutants from carpets that generally trap airborne pollutants.
- Prevents buildup of allergens, bacteria and mold: most stains and soiling of carpets can result in the buildup of several unhealthy contaminants. Especially in areas with high humidity levels, dirty carpets are at a high risk of developing mold growth when exposed to moisture.
Remember, it’s important not to over-do-it! If your carpets don’t need to be extracted on a monthly basis, then don’t do it. When it comes to adding moisture to the carpet, you want that done as few times as possible. While necessary for deep cleaning, adding moisture to a carpet over and over can result in more stains and other environmental issues. Spot cleaning and other daily maintenance methods can be effective methods of interim cleaning between appropriately schedule deep cleaning projects.
Want to know more? Interested in carpet cleaning services for your facility? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org